This is a powerful, insightful talk by psychologist Shawn Anchor. He studies positive psychology and its applications in various arenas, including on-the-job.
I hope you have time to watch it – but just in case you don’t, I summarized my key takeaways.
75% of work success is predicted by:
- Optimism levels
- Social support
- Your ability to see stress as a challenge rather than a threat
Here’s the routine he suggests using for 21 days, rewiring your brain to work more positively and effectively:
1. Write down three new things you are grateful for.
2. Journal about one positive experience you’ve had over the last 24 hours (allowing you to relive it)
3. Get exercise (teaches your brain that your behavior matters)
4. Meditate (helps us overcome the cultural ADD we’ve been immersed in by trying to multitask, helps us focus on the task at hand)
5. Random/conscious acts of kindness – make the first email of each day a positive one, praising or thanking someone in your network
What do you think? Would your work performance be better if you are happier? How about your team?
Want to achieve your professional goals? Click here to learn more about Marie’s free monthly Women’s Career Accelerator conference call.